Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cheese Glorious Cheese - June 14, 2014

I HEART Guangzhou.
Let me just tell you ... I have made through HALF a day without dodging drivers as I walk down the sidewalk.  And at the breakfast buffet this morning ... there was cheese, REAL cheese ... Smoked Gouda, Cheddar, Brie etc. the list goes on.  

Ahhhhhh, sigh :)

We got in late last night.  Walking through the lobby here is surreal.  Everywhere you look ... American couples with Chinese babies.  It's like a scene out of ... well, I don't know what.  Outside of our friends from Holland, who we met in Fuzhou, this is the first time we've talked with westerners since we got here.

James had his medicals today.  It was a 3 step process.  The first two, of which, we could be with him ... height, weight, temperature, etc.  the last step was taking blood from his little arm for tuberculosis testing.   ... And that he had to brave alone. :(   As soon as I handed him over, I dove out of sight, as the tears came instantly for my little dude.   It was quick and he was back in our arms again.  He cried, stretched out that tiny arm at us, to show the bandaid on his inside elbow then buried his head into my chest and cried a bit more.  He seemed to recover quickly ... but it was at nap time, that it was obvious today set him back.  He WAILED, crying, and screaming Mama!  Mama! (not for me) and it took forever  until he finally fell asleep.

Glad the medicals are out of the way, tomorrow is touring Shamian Island, a fun day ... No appointments, no doctors, no needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment